Common scams in missions:
1) Building projects... fake receipts, "cost over runs," fake photos, "ministry" buildings get used for personal real estate, the buildings quickly fall into disrepair
2) Multiple affiliations... Church changes the sign board name according to the organization
3) Orphanages without real orphans
4) Disasters... example: "We had an earthquake" But the earthquake hit on the other side of the country not even close
5) Persecution... example: Photos of real persecution in India used as a sympathy ploy for fund raising in Nepal.
6) Exaggerations... Especially church plants, numbers of converts, baptisms, church "affiliates."
Know who you are giving to.
A good friend and I were talking about a topic we agreed upon... then I showed a Bible verse which I thought would "put a nail in the coffin." Doing this opened a can of worms and started a heated discussion.
I apologized for even bringing up the topic. I should have known he would have strong feelings.
Damaged relationship. Not worth it. Stay away from the non-essentials.
Persecution is on the rise on India, especially in Chhatisgarh State. I've seen videos of believers getting beaten by bamboo poles, and their rice crops stolen.
From a friend:
Situation got very serious in Narayanpur city. While we all were celebrating New Year in different places. They destroyed several churches from last 3days including one of our village church. All the Christians from these 3 villages are sleeping in jungle from last 3 nights. They are seeking to kill Pas Rajmal. He is hiding from few days. Please pray. Around 9 hundred persecutors gather and attacked 2 of Pas Rajmal Karanga's place on January 1st. A Mob (4000 people) gather in Narayanpur city. Destroyed Christian school and a church. There is a curfew now. These people want to close down whole Baster division. In Baster there are 6 districts including Bijapur and Narayanpur. My family (The Overseeing Pastor Ramesh & Family ) has to move out today to be in a safe place. Please pray for us and our protection.
Fox news article concerning Christian persecution in Iran. It is especially poignant considering the BTJ Voice of the Persecuted Church conference last week.
I had 2 people come up to me asking if I am Eugene Bach! (When I was wearing the BTJ hat)
I know you're jealous...😆
I read this recently..
2 Thessalonians 1:11-12..
My paraphrase of this passage and my prayer for you as well is that our Lord brings into full reality all your desires that you have to do good. And He brings into full reality your work prompted by faith. The goal is that Jesus is glorified in you, and you in Him! All by His enabling, powerful grace!
What does the theologian and author A.W. Tozer and the rock band Whitesnake have in common?
dingdash.com is one server in the network